5) CUSTOMER WITHDRAWAL WITHOUT PENALTY
The customer may withdraw from the contract, without penalty, under the following circumstances:
- A significant change in one or more elements of the agreement that can objectively be considered fundamental to the enjoyment of the tourist package in its entirety and proposed by SlowDays after the conclusion of the contract itself but before departure and not accepted by the customer
Under the circumstances mentioned above, the customer is entitled to the following options:
- The use of an alternative tour package, without an increase in cost or with the return of the already agreed excess price, should the second tour package cost less than the first one
- The repayment of any amount paid as even a partial payment. Such refund must be made within seven calendar days of receipt of the request for reimbursement.
The customer must notify its decision (accept the change or withdraw) within two calendar days of receiving the notice. Without specific notification after the above deadline, the proposal made by SlowDays will be accepted.
A customer who withdraws from the contract before departure due to circumstances other than those specified in this article shall pay, less the deposit paid as per Article 4, the penalties specified in Article 6.
6) CHANGES TO THE TOUR
Any changes to the tour, requested by the customer after the booking has been confirmed may generate expenses for SlowDays and occasionally penalties charged by suppliers. In this case, these amounts must be charged to the consumer. Partial withdrawal of some travelers under the same contract and the resulting decrease in tour participants will be considered a partial withdrawal and therefore governed by Art.6.
PURCHASE/REDEMPTION AND RESERVATION OF A VOUCHER
SlowDays allows purchasing Gift Vouchers (called SlowBoxes) that refer to a particular Tour on the site at the time of purchase. The person who buys the Voucher is the purchaser; the person who receives and redeems the Voucher is the Voucher holder. Purchased Vouchers can be donated to others or purchased for oneself.
- Validity: Vouchers are valid for one year from the date of purchase
- Right of Withdrawal: We will gladly refund the total amount for vouchers within 14 days of the order upon written notice by mail or e-mail. On the other hand, if more than fourteen days have elapsed before the deadline, the refund will be subject to an administrative fee of 25% of the value of each voucher and with a minimum charge of €15. Refunds will always be made to the voucher purchaser, and notice of cancellation will be given to the voucher holder.
- Redemption: To redeem the voucher, you must write to email@example.com, stating that you are the holder of the voucher number (give order no.) and would like to use the voucher on a particular date. In response, you will receive a quote with information about the purchased tour. The customer can confirm the time and date described in the section or request some changes. Upon acceptance, the following reservation will have all the characteristics of a package generally purchased on the site. It will follow the cancellation rules provided for TOURS, which you will find in Section 4.
- Holder substitution: Up to 4 days before the tour start date, the holder may request substitution of the names of people who will use the tour. SlowDays reserves the right to accept substitution after checking that all services included can be provided to people with different characteristics (*)
- Voucher Type Variation: At the time of redemption, the holder may change the Tour given as a gift. In this case, SlowDays will declare the amount collected at the time of purchase, and the holder can use it for any other Tour on the site. After booking, it will become, to all intents and purposes, a SlowDays package with all the features described below, including cancellations.
- Extension of expiration date: SlowDays vouchers are valid for one year from the issue date. SlowDays will extend the initial expiration by an additional year. You can apply to extend the expiration date by paying an amount equal to 20 percent of the value of the voucher and with a minimum of 20 euros per voucher. Alternatively, upon email communication, it will be possible to extend the voucher’s duration beyond one year. However, the same experience with the same number and level of services cannot be guaranteed at the time of fruition, but one of equal value to the voucher will be agreed upon, whether or not it is in the catalog.
- Variation by necessity by SlowDays: SlowDays is committed to maintaining, for the duration of the voucher’s validity, the experiences as described at the time of purchase, but special conditions may occur:
- Changed Tour. Suppose the Tour is changed for contingent reasons (supplier no longer available, for example). In that case, SlowDays will seek an equivalent substitution which will be proposed and explained at the time of redemption.
- Canceled tour. One or more experiences may be balanced. And with no possibility of substitution. In this case, SlowDays will propose alternatives of equal value and similar type. Always subject to the approval of the voucher holder.
- Tour Price Increase. SlowDays, even in the presence of price increases, will guarantee the redemption of the voucher, up to a maximum of 10% difference. When the tour, at the time of redemption, has a price displayed on the site with an increase greater than 10%, SlowDays will act following one of these alternatives (always with the agreement and prior notice of the voucher holder)
- Redefining experiences, changing or reducing them.
- Replacement of the package with one of equal value to the voucher
- Request for a supplement equal to the value of the new Tour – 10% – the value of the voucher to be redeemed
- Very High Season: Price increase or inability to offer voucher redemption (due to unavailability of facilities). For the very high season, which runs from mid-September to mid-November, we recommend booking at least 60 days in advance, especially for vouchers that include overnight accommodations. Same as point 3, regarding Tour Price Increase.
SlowDays will always guarantee the quality of the providers and experiences it publishes on the site. These clauses aim to preserve the quality of services provided, ensure fair compensation for providers, and protect the continuity of the company.
(*) Characteristics that must be checked to accept changes in tour participants: height for bikes, allergies, and severe intolerances, age in the case of Vespa tours, or other details that may compromise the success of the Tour
The Voucher is a credit that SlowDays grants the customer for one year. The amount of the Voucher is described, at the time of purchase, with one or more experiences equivalent to the value of the Voucher purchased. Payment of the Voucher must be concurrent with the purchase.
General conditions for the sale of package tours
a) PREMISE, THE CONCEPT OF PACKAGE TOUR
Legislative Decree No.79/2011 establishes, for the protection of the consumer, that the organizer and the seller of a tourist package must have the authorization to carry on their activity.
The consumer is entitled to a copy of the contract of sale of the tourist package (in compliance with Art. 3, Legislative Decree 79/2011, Tourism Code), an indispensable document for access to the Guarantee Fund as established in Art—51 of the Tourism Code, art.16 of these General Conditions.
The concept of a Tourist Package (art.34 Dlgs 79/2001) is defined as follows: Tourist packages have as their object trips, vacations, all-inclusive circuits, and tourist cruises, resulting from the combination, by whomever and howsoever realized, of at least two of the elements indicated below, sold or offered for sale at a lump sum price:
c) tourist services not ancillary to transport or accommodation referred to in Article 36, which constitute a significant part of the tourist package for the satisfaction of the tourist’s recreational needs.
b) LEGISLATIVE SOURCES
In addition to these General Conditions, the contract of sale of tourist packages is regulated by the clauses indicated in the travel documents received by the customer.
Said contract, having as its object services to be carried out both domestically and abroad, is also governed, where applicable, by Law 1084 of 27/12/1977 ratified and implemented by the International Convention on Travel Contracts (CCV) signed in Brussels, 23/04/70, and by the Dlgs mentioned above n.79/2011
Acceptance of the reservation by SlowDays (* Di Giachino Claudia) is subject to the actual availability of places. Reservations will be considered final after the client’s confirmation by SlowDays, including by email or fax.
Information about the tour package not contained in the contractual documents, brochures, or another form of written communication will be provided in time by SlowDays before the start date of the trip, as per the obligations outlined in Legislative Decree 79/2011
A down payment of 30% of the total amount is required when booking. Payment of the full amount is required within 30 days of departure. In the case of bookings made less than 30 days before departure, full payment is required upon booking. Failure to pay the above amounts on the stipulated dates will entitle SlowDays to cancel the contract.
e) TRANSFER OF CONTRACT
A customer who wishes to opt out of the contract may be replaced by another person provided that:
- a) SlowDays be notified at least four calendar days before the tour departure date, along with the personal information of the subrecipient;
- b) The subrecipient meets all the conditions for the use of the service (Art.10 Dlgs 111/95) and, in particular, the requirements for passports, visas, and health certifications;
- c) The successor shall reimburse SlowDays for any expenses incurred in transferring the contract, an amount to be determined before the transfer of the contract
In addition, the customer and the subrecipient are responsible for the payment of the tour package and the sum referred to in Article C.
In the case of specific services, third-party providers have the right to refuse substitution to the subrecipient, even if made within limits outlined in this article.
SlowDays will not be held responsible for any non-acceptance of substitution by third parties. SlowDays will promptly notify such acceptance to the parties involved before departure.
As described in point 4 of the booking policies
g) CUSTOMER WITHDRAWAL WITHOUT PENALTY
As described in point 5 of the booking policies
h) CHANGES TO THE TOUR
Any changes to the tour, requested by the customer after the booking is confirmed may generate expenses for SlowDays and occasionally penalties charged by suppliers. In this case, these amounts must be charged to the consumer. Partial withdrawal of some travelers under the same contract and the resulting decrease in tour participants will be considered a partial withdrawal and therefore governed by Art.6.
i) LIMITS OF LIABILITY
SlowDays shall be liable for damages to the customer due to the total or partial non-performance of contractual obligations, either directly or by third-party service providers unless it is proven that the event was occasioned by the customer (including autonomous initiatives of the customer taken in the course of the performance of the tour services) or by circumstances unrelated to the enjoyment of the service under the contract, fortuitous events or force majeure, i.e., due to circumstances that SlowDays could not, with all professional care, have reasonably foreseen or resolved.
l) LIMITS OF COMPENSATION FOR DAMAGES
The amount recoverable by SlowDays for damages shall in no case exceed the indemnities provided for in Articles 44, 45, and 47 of Legislative Decree 79/2011 and Articles 1783 and 1784 of the Civil Code.
m) CHANGES TO CONTRACT TERMS
– Before departure
If the need arises for SlowDays to make significant changes to one or more of the contract terms, written information will be given to the customer regarding the type of change and the related price change. The customer must notify SlowDays within two business days of their choice. If the customer does not accept the change, they may withdraw from the contract without penalty.
– After the departure
Suppose an essential part of the services cannot be provided. In that case, SlowDays will be responsible for finding suitable alternatives at no cost or reimbursing the customer for the difference between the services planned and those provided. If it is not possible to provide an alternative solution or if the customer does not accept the alternative for a justifiable reason, SlowDays will offer an equivalent means of transportation to the planned one, subject to the availability of seats, to enable the customer’s return to the place of departure or other agreed destination.
n) CLASSIFICATION OF HOTELS
SlowDays faithfully reports the classification of establishments in the programs. In the absence of official classifications, the organizer, based on evaluation criteria, will set a classification based on the quality standards of each hotel.
o) REQUIREMENTS FOR TRAVELERS
Travelers must have individual passports or other valid documents for travel to all destinations on the itinerary, all visas or any health certificates. Travelers shall also observe the usual standards of prudent, diligent behavior and explicit conduct required in some countries.
Travelers will be held responsible for any damage caused by their failure to comply with these requirements. The consumer shall provide SlowDays with all information, documents, and items relevant to exercising the latter’s right of subrogation to third parties responsible for the damage. The consumer shall be liable to the organizer for the loss of the right of subrogation.
At the time of booking, the consumer must notify SlowDays in writing of any particular request that may be subject to specific conditions in the definition of the tour and could compromise its feasibility.
Any notice of improper compliance or non-compliance with contractual obligations must be made promptly so that SlowDays can provide for it just as quickly. However, the traveler may always submit a written complaint by registered letter with a return receipt to be sent within ten days after the end of the trip.
q) VALIDITY OF PACKAGE TOUR PRICES
SlowDays guarantee the prices of package tours at the time of booking confirmation, provided that the payment terms in Article 4 are met
r) INSURANCE AND GUARANTEE FUND
The client will be covered during the tour by Civil Liability Insurance (Europe Assistance – Piazza Trento, 8 20135 – Milan, nr. 9109121).
Agency/T.o. Registered with the Travel Guarantee Fund S.r.l.
( www.garanziaviaggi.it )
headquartered in Rome via Nazionale 60 – Certificate No. A/200.2030/6/2018 for the provisions of Article 50, paragraphs 2 and 3, Legislative Decree 79/2011, as amended and supplemented.
When booking, it is advisable to take out supplementary insurance to cover cancellation fees, health expenses, and other coverage.
All disputes, if any, shall be resolved by Italian law, and any legal action arising shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Court of Asti.
Mandatory communication according to art.16 of Law 269/98: Under art. 16 of Law 269/98: Italian law punishes imprisonment crimes related to prostitution and child pornography, even if the same are committed abroad.
Personal data will be processed by Law 675/1996, and the information collected will be used only for the performance of the service covered by this contract. The customer following will be enrolled in the lists for sending information and newsletters exclusively by SlowDays. This information will not be transmitted to third parties and can be deleted at the consumer’s request.