From March to November
Min. 2 persons
Langhe wine roads, self-guided itinerary in several steps
Langhe itineraries for everyone!
We would like to suggest a very suggestive itinerary in the beautiful territory of the Langhe, recently declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its wine landscapes.
With this package, we explore the most complete walking route in the Langhe: the “Bar to Bar“, a beautiful route that joins the hills of Barbaresco to those of Barolo, the 2 most precious red wines of the area, famous all over the world.
Walking in the Langhe among the vineyards, admiring enchanting views, stopping in small villages to be known at a slow pace in total autonomy with our tracks.
You will receive on your cell phone the track prepared by us and carefully checked, which will follow you on your route (you can also follow it offline).
Together with the track, there will be also useful indications and information about the places you will cross.
The “Bar-to-Bar” is a large ring of the Itinerari Trekking Piemonte, divided into 7 stages. We have thought of different formulas to touch on the most characteristic points
The best seasons to visit the Langhe and live this experience are certainly spring and autumn. Consider that it is essential to book well in advance!
FORMULA A: Taste of Langhe – Program
- Arrive on the first day in Treiso, in the heart of the Barbaresco area, and overnight stay.
- On the second day, departure after breakfast for the walk to Alba (19 km with 450 meters of elevation gain)
- Dinner and overnight stay in Alba
- The next day, departure after breakfast, to reach La Morra (25 km with about 700 meters of elevation gain) – It is possible to request to reduce the stage and stop in Diano d’Alba, halving the length.
- Two nights in a farmhouse or B&B with breakfast
- Two days to walk in Langhe with our personalized maps to follow on your cell phone
- Visit and taste in a winery or aperitif – tasting in Alba
- Assistance service for the duration of the tour
- Final person transfer from La Morra or Diano to the starting point
- Piedmontese dinner
- Transfer to tour departure
- Luggage transport
- Meals not specifically listed
FORMULA B: routes in the Langhe, an overview of vineyards
- 350 euros per person for min. six people – customized quotations for larger groups
- Four nights and three days of walking
Stages (indicative, may vary depending on accommodation availability) of your trip to the Langhe.
- Alba – Diano – La Morra 24 km
- La Morra – Barolo – Monforte 15 km
- Monforte d’Alba – Castiglione Falletto – Serralunga – Sinio – Roddino 23 km
- Three nights in a farmhouse or B&B with breakfast (Alba, La Morra, Monforte d’Alba)
- Three days walking in the Langhe with our customized maps to follow on your mobile phone
- A winery visit with wine tasting or aperitif-tasting in Alba
- Assistance service for the duration of the tour
- Transfer people for the last stage (from the arrival to the starting point)
- Dinner reservation service
How do the days unfold?
Arrive in Alba with your vehicles and parking (there are paid or free parking spaces)—departure for the tour with your luggage in your rucksack. Stop in La Morra and Monforte. Dinner is booked in both towns; on arrival in Roddino, taxi back to Alba.
It is possible to add ‘Langhe itineraries on foot to the package:
- One night or more
- Customized quotations for groups of 5 persons and more
- Is it possible to customize the itinerary? Itineraries in the Langhe and Roero are our passion! See the dedicated page, Walking tours
Stages may vary depending on availability.
All tour details and addresses will be communicated after confirmation and payment of the deposit.
It is necessary to have shoes suitable for trekking, long trousers and maybe a mackintosh just in case.
Along the way, there will be the possibility of finding shops to buy food and drinks.
This route and the way we propose it is not designed for walkers looking for an entry-level experience, with accommodation in hostels and facilities with shared rooms, but for those looking for a little more comfort and facilities.
We will always book double rooms with bathrooms and a good standard of accommodation.
The stages are all designed with the arrival in a pretty village with a few shops and restaurants.
The tracks for our Langhe itineraries have all been tried and tested by us. Compared to the ‘official’ route, we have made some variations to allow us to see more villages and not leave out points that we think are worth a visit.
In case of bad weather (e.g., rainfall expected by the website of Meteo Aeronautica 48 hours before the event with a probability greater or equal to 50%), it will be possible to:
– postpone the experience by agreeing on a new date at no extra charge
– cancel and receive a refund of the amount you paid net of 50 euros per person for organizational costs
Please refer to the general conditions for other situations you wish to cancel.
All tour details and addresses will be communicated after the confirmation and payment of the tour.