Start again, from scratch. A trek in the Langhe to find ourselves
How many times have we told ourselves that we would do this? There are moments in our lives when we feel the pulsating need to renew ourselves, to start over, be more aware, and stronger than before. Some decide to change their lives in a clear and decisive way, others decide to make those changes they have longed for at a slower but still effective pace because it is the pace we really feel is ours.
To start again, we at SlowDays propose walking in the Langhe and Roero: an activity as simple as it is important, to share with your family or friends or to live, why not, even simply in the company of yourself. Walking will help you make space between your thoughts, rediscover the most magical places in Piedmont and start again with that new positive energy that only uncontaminated nature like the Langhe and Roero can offer you.
Our proposals could also be defined as a food and wine walk in the Langhe since the wine is always present: you can observe the different stages of ripening of the grapes in the vineyard and it will be spontaneous to think about deepening in the cellar the magical world of wine, so our trekking in the Langhe becomes a real Wine trekking.
WHY CHOOSE THE LANGHE WALKING ROUTES?
The Piedmontese Langhe and Roero are truly a wonderful areas to explore on foot.
Traveling on foot is a new way of taking a vacation, one that is definitely sustainable and can give you a long-lasting feeling of well-being.
Why choose Langhe for your walking vacation?
How are Piedmont’s hilly itineraries different from those in other areas?
Let’s try to answer with points
- as the first reason we want to say that Langhe is wonderful, did we already tell you that? Don’t trust anything we say, come and see for yourself! Well, if Unesco has decided to put the Langhe among “its” heritages and has done so because of its wine landscapes, there must be a reason!
- The Langhe is for everyone! There’s no denying it: in the mountains, trekking routes are tougher! Not that the Langhe and Roero are like walking on the plain, but the climbs are never prohibitive and are always followed by descents and flat stretches.
- The landscape is very varied! Do you think maybe there are only vineyards? You are wrong! Especially if you will decide to drive along the path that from the Langhe of Barbaresco, through Alta Langa, leads to the Langhe of Barolo, you will discover the variety of landscapes that characterize this beautiful hilly area of Piedmont. First vineyards, then woods, then little villages and castles, to go back again in the vineyards
- Do you like walks with few amenities? With overnight stays in hostels and shared rooms? Or maybe with a tent on your back? Very well, that’s fine! Oh God, here in the Langhe there are no hostels, but you can find some spartan accommodation. In this case, we recommend the area of Alta Langa. If, however, you are a lover of comfort and the idea of a shared bathroom or hostel doesn’t appeal to you, in the Langhe you can find complete satisfaction! Who said that trekking has to be “uncomfortable” and spartan? It’s fine to walk, but if in the evening you arrive at a welcoming structure, perhaps where you can have a swim in the pool, we believe there is nothing wrong with that. If you have someone to take care of your luggage while you comfortably devote yourself to your daily excursion, I’d say it’s the best way to combine physical activity and comfort!
- In the Langhe, the paths are quite well marked, not all of them of course. In any case, don’t worry: if you buy one of our packages we will study the paths in the Langhe for you and you can follow them on your cell phone, just like a navigator.
- I leave for last the most important reason in my opinion. We are not talking about walks in the Langhe or simple excursions, here we are talking about “Wine trekking Langhe“! Wine is the protagonist, even if you do not like to drink it (but are you sure?)…if you come in autumn your walk in the Langhe will be characterized by the scent of grapes still attached to the vines; if you come in spring the soft green of the vineyards with the background of towers and castles will be all to photograph…but above all, we are talking about wine trekking because, if you want, there will be visits to wineries with tasting to discover everything about the world of great wines of the Langhe, such as Barolo and Barbaresco but also Barbera. You will also find many white wines (for those you cannot miss a visit in the Roero area) and lately more and more frequent rose wines or bubbles. Of course, even the cooking is not less! It is known that appetite comes with walking…and in the evening dinner with a view of the Langhe can’t be taken away from you!
Do you already imagine yourself with your legs tired from the walk-in Langhe, shower done, a terrace on the vineyards, and a glass in your hand? Well then, our packages for walking vacations in Langhe are waiting for you!